Sunday, July 1, 2012

"You Too Fat!"

Well folks, our team has been in the depths of the jungle for the last 4 days! I know I promised parents that we would blog everyday, however, with the circumstances in Mombasa when we arrived, we decided to stay out at the school for safe keeping.  So WE ARE ALIVE for all those who have been following our blog. We have arrived back into the city to stay at the apartment. We are now at a new coffee shop that is very nice where we have the opportunity to get on the internet! As the team leader, this trip has been a great time of reflection for me being able to watch my team be filled with such joy and happiness as they play with the kids. I remember seeing this wonderful oasis of a school for the first time and being completely blown away! I had that same feeling once again as I returned! I am so in love with this paradise of greenery. Life becomes simple here and your worries of back home melt away the moment the watoto's (children) little fingers wrap around yours! I am blessed to have been lead by God to return to this place with my amazing team! I never want to leave!

Yesterday, we had a community play day at the school. We had crafts and sports going everywhere. I decided to go help play Little Sally Walker on the field. There was probably around 80 kids around in our circle! Well we changed the game to Duck Duck Goose and the fun began. About halfway through the game, I was the chosen one to chase the little Africa boy that was literally as fast as Flash! I was about 1/3 of the way around the mega circle when I happened to step in a little pot hole. I almost had then kid! As I was running I could feel my body leaning forward and next thing I knew everything went blurry as I fell to the ground and rolled about 3 or 4 times! Hilarious! I shot back up and cut through the circle to try and catch him, but it was an epic fail! At least I got a good laugh out of everyone! Ha when I sat down the kid next to me was laughing so hard and said "You too fat!" I just died laughing. Always something exciting happening in Kenya!

Tomorrow will be such a fun day! I am excited for them to experience our journey tomorrow to the safari! Such an unforgettable trip!

That's all for now folks. Quick shout out to my family and friends! I love you and all is well on this end. I wish you could be here with me to have your world rocked by what God is doing here. We have seen His mercy and grace change 3 lives yesterday as we shared the good news and saw them accept Christ for the first time! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

From my new world to yours!

Dhahabu (my new Africa name meaning gold)
Elyse DeBuck



No comments:

Post a Comment