Sunday, July 8, 2012

In our final moments...

The time has come to write our last team blog in country! People always say that time flies when your having fun, and man it sure does! Our time as a team is drawing to an end tonight and tomorrow morning. We left south coast today and had to say our goodbyes to those wonderful people. I could see the hearts of my girls breaking a little as we saw the church disappear from view! Saying goodbye here is never easy. I have had the absolute privilege of leading this team and watching each and every one of my girls grow in their faith while sharing God's love with these people here. I am so very proud of their decisions to come on this trip in the first place and to be able to sit back and watch their hearts melt for these kids has been awesome. I could not have asked for a better and more dedicated group of girls to be lead here to Kenya to share the word of God.

We have certainly bonded quickly and have stayed encouraged through each of our personal life stories! This team has made my second trip here one to remember for sure! God has used them in such different ways to relate to the people we have visited! Their unfailing faith in our Lord has allowed Him to use them as a vessel to bring others to Christ!

As the team is packing up, getting ready to head back to America tomorrow, I want them to reflect on a verse I hold very near and dear to my heart. Matthew 5:16-- "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."  In my own life, this verse helped lead me to the mission field. During their time here, I know that their good deeds have shined so bright in sometimes very dark places! These girls have stepped out on faith and lead people to praise our Father! I cannot say enough how proud I am of each and everyone of them!

Pray for their safety as they journey back to the states. Pray that their hearts stay open to the wonders of God as He leads them down His narrow path! I hope for this place, these people, and this trip to remain in their minds and on their hearts for years to come. They have done something few are willing to do. God will continue to bless them for that.

I am truly blessed by each of their unique personalities, stories, laughs, smiles, tears, and open hearts! I can't help but tear up right now as I write this while reflecting on all that God has shown them and used them for in these really short 2 weeks. And for what they have taught me! Missions are never easy: continuous days of uncomfortable beds, hot weather, lots of walking, cold showers, sore muscles-but in the end, you don't remember any of that. The only thing remaining as they travel home is the bright eyes and giant smiles of the kids that have captured their hearts!

I love them and am already missing them.

-Mama Dhahabu
(Elyse)



No comments:

Post a Comment